One common misconception of teacher training is “I don’t (necessarily) want to teach. It’s not for me.” The end goal is to find the tricks, tips, and deeper connection to the practice– to first and foremost enhance your own journey. Then –maybe–teaching others might feel like your path.
Ever wonder if there was more to your yoga practice? There is. Our teacher training allows you to both expand your personal practice and share your passion of yoga with others.
Yoga Innovations teacher training program is eligible for the 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) certification through Yoga Alliance.
The program consists of seven weekends over the course of a four-month period, as well as home study, written assignments, practice hours, and real-time teaching experience. Those who successfully complete the initial program will be eligible for Prenatal Yoga Training to receive your RPYT certification, and other extension opportunities.
When: Spanning 8 weekends in 2017
“In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.”- Phil Collins
What you will explore. Each weekend will encompass a different theory diving into the variety of topics yoga includes.
- Weekend I (Getting to know you and the practice): January 20, 21, 22
- Weekend II (Anatomy): February 3 4, 5
- Weekend III (Drawing connections and finding the lines): February 17, 18, 19
- Weekend IV (History of yoga, chakras and Ayurveda): March 3, 4, 5
- Weekend V (Yoga and music): March 17, 18, 19
- Weekend VI (How to lead a large group, ethics and business of yoga): March 31 April 1, 2
- Weekend VII (Bringing it all together): April 21, 22, 23
- Weekend VIII (Conclusion and party time): June TBD
- Fridays 8:30 – 10:30 pm
- Saturdays 2:30 – 8:30 pm
- Sundays 2:30 – 8:30 pm
What you will learn:
- Ideology and history of yoga
- How the bones, muscles and mind work together
- Pose alignment
- Hands on assists and how to see the body
- Tips and techniques for meditation and pranayama
- Sequencing a yoga practice (for you at home and to share with others)
- Modifications for injuries, ailments and special conditions
- How to teach a yoga class
- Yoga ethics
- Your yoga practice off your mat
- Business of yoga
- Music and movement
$200 non refundable commitment fee
$2600 program cost
Payment plan options available.
Paid in full, early bird special 10% off
Work trade team members receive 10% off and up to 15% if paid in full
2 payments of any amount made at any time paid in full before 1/13/17
3 payments of equal amounts paid in full before 1/13/17
4 payments of equal amounts paid in full before 1/13/17
If other structure is needed please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships are also available on a financial need basis please email email@example.com with a short summary on why you should be considered.
What’s included: Unlimited yoga at YI under the duration of training
- Free workshops (taught by any of the YI staff)
- 8 intensive weekends
- YI teacher training manual
- Chance to assist a class
- Teach at least one class on YI’s schedule
- YI Teacher Training Perks: future discounts on studio classes and events
Required reading (not included in cost of tuition)
- Yoga Anatomy, second edition by Leslie Kaminoff
- Science of Yoga by William J Broad
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, translated by Alistair Shearer
- Meditations from the Mat by Rolf Gates
- Baron Baptiste: Journey into Power
- Living Yoga Yoga by Judith Lasater
Participants are required to provide: all reading material mentioned, pen and journal, things needed for yoga practice, personal drinks, snacks and meals.
*A monetary refund will not be given for failure to attend or complete the program. By registering for this program, you agree to these terms.[/vc_column_text]