Power Prenatal Yoga
Sundays 9:45 am
Prenatal friendly classes: Strong Families Power Yoga, Mommy & Me Yoga, & Warm Flow
“Where in Pittsburgh can I take Prenatal Yoga Classes?”
Answer: In the South Hills at Yoga Innovations!
Power Prenatal Yoga is designed to soothe away the discomforts of pregnancy with other moms-to-be in a supportive setting. This non-heated class provides both relaxation while building strength, flexibility, endurance and focus customized to both your body and your growing baby’s. No experience is required, and you’re welcome to join us during any stage in your pregnancy. These classes are taught by teachers who are mamas themselves and are well-educated in prenatal yoga and can both support and relate to your experience.
Is Prenatal Yoga For Me?
But I have never done yoga before…
That is alright. No prior experience needed.
When can I begin prenatal yoga?
Any time during your pregnancy.
What if I am not flexible?
You don’t have to be. Promise. This is where you can increase flexibility, no matter where you are beginning.
I’m not exactly “in shape” before this pregnancy.
That’s ok. We will help increase your strength, flexibility and balance.
How often should I do Prenatal Yoga?
Once a week will provide relief from aches and pains and teach helpful breathing techniques. We will learn what we can do at home and on our own time as well.
How much does it cost?
$15/class or check out our package pricing here
10 Reasons Baby Needs You to do Yoga
- Strong mama = strong baby. Period.
- Alleviate aches and pains. Carrying all that new weight in the front is bound to make your back tight, hips hurt and feet swell. Learn techniques to counter these inevitables.
- Build strength. The stronger we are, the more we are able to carry- and the more comfortable it becomes. Build the muscles you need to carry this baby in and outside of the womb.
- Increase flexibility. Your muscles get stronger therefore they need more stretch- more elasticity to make them more effective. So when you drop the whatever it is for the millionth time just out of your reach, you will be thankful you went to yoga this week when you can lean a little more into it.
- Increase flexibility. Yes, twice. The one above is your physical body. Now let’s talk about the mind. Your Warrior pose might not feel as strong one day as it did before, you might not even be able to get into downdog one day. You learn that is ok. Your birth plan might now go as expected, you might cry the first time your baby sleeps in their own bed… and that’s ok too.
- Build confidence. If you can rock out tree pose while growing a human inside you– you are more super hero than you thought. Learn to use and love your body more efficiently through each and every stage of pregnancy.
- Improve circulation. Slowing down your breath, focusing on your body helps move the toxins out of the way so everything operates more efficiently.
- Teach you to rest when you need to. You have probably heard the age old advice- sleep when baby sleeps. But let’s get real. It’s very hard to settle ourselves down when there is house/business/yard/other children/etc work to be done. Learn the techniques to quiet the mind, even when it’s the last thing you truly want to do.
- Identify your emotions. You probably aren’t emotional at all during pregnancy, you swear you would act like this even if you weren’t pregnant… maybe. Then the baby comes. Game. Changer. You are sleep deprived, healing, trying to do it all… and then there is the moment where you find yourself sobbing over your new bundle of joy for ABSOLUTELY no reason. Learn to acknowledge the hormones and be ok with it.
- Learn to breathe. If you can manage a full breath, pregnant, in a yoga pose- you can do it when baby decides to scream its pretty little head off because you aren’t feeding “quick enough.” Breathing comes in handy.